How To Save Money in Barcelona
- Buy the Barcelona Transport Card Discounts on top things to do and unlimited use of public transportation make this card worth your money upfront. But be sure to purchase it before you travel, so you can take advantage of the free train ride from the airport to the city center.
- Stay in an apartment Cut down on food costs by renting an apartment (rather than a hotel), where you can buy groceries and cook your own Catalan feasts.
- Gorge on lunch If you eat your big meal at lunch, you can cash in on the Menu del Dia (Menu of the Day), which is usually an affordable and tasty three-course meal. After this midday spread, a few cheap tapas plates around dinnertime should tide you over until breakfast.
Barcelona Culture & Customs
Keep in Mind...
- Snooze like the Spaniards Siestas (naps) are a daily occurrence, and you should partake of them while you're in town. Eat a large, satisfying lunch and then head back to your hotel for a short snooze to prepare for a long night on the town.
- Don't visit in August Swarms of locals leave in August to catch some relief from the sweltering humidity. Likewise, many restaurants and shops are closed until September.
- Spanish vs. Catalan Many residents will refer to themselves as "Catalan" and speak the Catalan dialect rather than traditional Spanish. Many of the words are quite similar, but the pronunciation is different.
مواضيع ومقالات مشابهة